Current Designs' fMRI grip force is the perfect choice for a wide range of computer response tasks used in the human brain mapping project. It is non-magnetic, non-electronic, and entirely made out of plastic, so will not add noise to the images or raise safety concerns in the MR/MEG room or similarly demanding environments.
• Handheld for the 932 interface
• Machined black enclosure with protruding force bar which moves in when gripped to produce a roughly linear force measurement output based on the pressure applied, with a range of 25N, 50N, 75N, 100N, 300N, or 500N (specified at time of order)
• If a different maximum force is desired, please email email@example.com
• Wide variety of outputs available for Windows, Mac and Linux computers, including several USB and Serial modes
• Force grip: 7 x 1.25 in. (17.8 x 3.2 cm)
• Force bar: 5 x 0.5 in. (12.7 x 1.3 cm), 1 in. (2.5 cm) out from main enclosure; maxium travel is 0.05 in. (0.127 cm)
• 10 ft (3 m) long fiber pigtailed connector
• Active light levels for handheld identification and gain adjustment
We recommend the 100N spring. Some customers choose the 500N spring as a safe high number to cover strong users. But this choice means that much of the signal range is not used except for the rather extreme high force cases. We have found that 100N covers most cases well and uses the signal range more effectively. (On the low end the mechanical stiction of the moving part can affect the smoothness of the movement, so we recommend using springs below 100N only if your study demands that specifically.)
What Else Is Needed
This handheld response device needs an electronic interface to function. Depending on the setup, a removable fiber bundle is also required.
Click on the images below to learn more about the other parts of the system.
Ordering a Complete System
Use the 932 fORP package to simplify ordering a complete system. It allows you to choose
from among the required and optional items.
Need More Information?The fORP Ordering page has more information about how to order a complete fORP system.
| This item contains no metal, nothing electronic, and nothing magnetic. It can be used safely in the magnet room. |