Title: Machine Shop Assistant
As part of our small group developing, manufacturing, marketing and selling research instrumentation, the machine shop assistant will make a variety of custom parts for our research tools. We offer a creative and relaxed work environment in a comfortable, renovated warehouse near great public transportation.
This entry-level position works under direct supervision to machine and finish a variety of high-quality, precise parts on computer-controlled and manual lathes and mills that are used in our fiber optic response systems. Tasks include running parts, checking specs, deburring and finishing pieces to a high standard.
* BA/BFA or equivalent.
* Two years of work experience wth references.
* Prior machining/machine shop experience including CNC and CAD.
* Excellent work habits including: arriving on time, being well organized and neat.
* Good attention to fine detail.
* Excellent dexterity for working with very small parts.
* Ability to work and communicate well with others.
Position: Monday through Thursday, 9-5.
Benefits: Health insurance, paid leave and holidays after an introductory period.
Time Frame: There are no openings at this time, but please send your resume to the email address below if you would like to be considered for a future position.
Please email cover letter and resume for consideration to:
No phone calls please.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact us about this position.