Birch Optical Interface Unit
Powerful drop-in replacement for FIU-932
Use with all existing response devices
Duplicate time-stamped record of subject responses
Compact, mountable, touch screen form factor
- Bright, 7 inch capacitive touch screen
- Makes room at the console with VESA monitor-style mounting
- Full speed USB output
- 12-way optical port works with all our response devices
- Automatic handheld identification for most devices
- Optical and TTL trigger input eliminates need for a trigger converter box
- User configurations and time-stamped record of subject responses can be saved to a thumbdrive
- Connects to the Internet for easy firmware updates
The newest and most powerful optical interface unit yet, the Birch interface offers the works-with-everything, standards-based data output you know and trust from Current Designs in a slick, mountable package. This is a drop-in replacement for the 932 interface and compatible with all existing handhelds. An easy-to-read touchscreen displays responses as they happen and simplifies mode selection.
When the session is over, take an independent time-stamped record of the subjects' responses on a USB thumbdrive.
Based on years of feedback from users, this latest interface has been updated with wireless network connectivity for easy firmware updates and an improved form factor that raises the interface off the console tabletop and into a permanent location for easy access and simplified cabling.
The Birch interface, like the 900 series of interfaces, adheres to USB HID standards and will work with any operating system or program you choose, but with an added Raspberry Pi single board computer it brings new potential for stimulus delivery and response collection in a single compact package.