• Low cost, non MR-compatible copy of the fiber optic grip force response device for use outside the magnet.
• Force grip: 7 x 1.25 in. (17.8 x 3.2 cm)
• Force bar: 5 x 0.5 in. (12.7 x 1.3 cm), 1 in. (2.5 cm) out from main enclosure; maximum travel is 0.005 in. (0.0127 cm)
• USB output compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux computers.
• USB bus-powered -- no need for a separate power supply.
This is a self-contained USB grip force transducer for one-handed use. We offer it in a package closely based on our widely used MR-compatible Grip Force response device to help with those studies in which data will be collected outside the MRI setting and those in which advance training of the subjects is helpful to familiarize them with the response device prior to collecting data in the scanner.
In most ways this device is identical to the MRI version. But this one is more nearly perfectly isometric: while the MRI version has a mechanical movement of about 0.05", this version moves 0.005" or less when squeezed fully. Also, the numerical output from this version is more nearly linear with force.
| This device is not for use inside the magnet room: it contains metal and electronic components. |