Five Button Fiber Optic Response Pad for computer research tasks in fMRI and MEG
For the 905, 932 and Birch interfaces
All plastic construction
Current Designs' new fMRI five button response pad is the perfect choice for a wide range of computer response tasks used in the human brain mapping project. It is non-magnetic, non-electronic, and entirely made out of plastic, so will not add noise to the images or raise safety concerns in the MR/MEG room or similarly demanding environments.
There is a less expensive, non-MR trainer available for this response pad for use outside the magnet room.
- Handheld for the FIU-905, FIU-932 and Birch interfaces
- One 1 in. (2.5 cm) long levers for thumb and four 0.75 in. (1.8 cm) cupped buttons for fingers.
- Enclosure is 5 in. (12.5 cm) x 3 in. (7.5 cm), 1 in. (2.5 cm) thick.
- 10 ft (3 m) long fiber pigtailed connector
- Requires 8-channel removable fiber optic bundle
- Active light levels for handheld identification and gain adjustment
What Else Is Needed
This handheld response device needs an electronic interface to function -- that converts the optical signals to standard computer interfacing signals. In most cases you will also need a long optical fiber extension bundle to allow this device to be used at a distance from the interface unit. Examples of the interface and bundle are shown below in the Related Products section.
|This item contains no metal, nothing electronic, and nothing magnetic. It can be used safely in the magnet room.|