CYL Joystick Fiber Optic Response Pad with No Buttons
All plastic construction
DescriptionCurrent Designs' fMRI CYL Joystick is non-magnetic, non-electronic, and entirely made out of plastic, so will not add noise to the images or raise safety concerns in the MR/MEG room or similarly demanding environments.
This joystick closely resembles the Tethyx joystick, but has a cylindrical shaft rather than the ergonomic Tethyx shaft. This joystick has no buttons. Note: because it is less popular, it may not be in stock and can take extra time to deliver.
- Handheld for the FIU-932 or BIRCH interface
- Two axis shaft encoder control
- Angular range: 30 degrees (+/-15 degrees).
- A wide variety of serial and USB outputs are available for Windows, Mac and Linux computers for high speed and demanding applications
- Grip: 3 in. (7.5 cm)
- There are no buttons on this version
- Overall height: 4.6 in. (11.5 cm); Base: 1.6 in. (4 cm) high, 4.5 in. (11.25 cm) diameter
- 10 ft (3 m) long fiber pigtailed connector
- Uses any length Bundle Extension (BE-XX), or previously purchased 12-fiber bundle (BNSC-XX-12)
- Active light levels for handheld identification and gain adjustment
X,Y Range Features
Tethyx is normally provided with a square range of motion covering approximately +/- 15 degrees in X and Y, but a removable plastic plate in the bottom cover makes it easy to change this range for different task needs. For example, a circular range might be better for some task, or possibly a straight line in only X or only Y would be better. Please get in touch to let us know if you are looking for a particular range.
Return to Zero
An internal non-magnetic spring forces the shaft back to its vertical resting position when released.
What Else Is Needed
This handheld response device needs an electronic interface to function -- that converts the optical signals to standard computer interfacing signals. In most cases you will also need a long optical fiber extension bundle to allow this device to be used at a distance from the interface unit. The required interface and compatible bundles are shown below in the Related Products section.
|This item contains no metal, nothing electronic, and nothing magnetic. It can be used safely in the magnet room.|