Joystick Fiber Optic Response Pad for computer research tasks in fMRI and MEG
Requires the 932 interface and 12 fiber bundle
All plastic construction
DescriptionCurrent Designs' fMRI joystick is the perfect choice for a wide range of computer response tasks used in the human brain mapping project. It is non-magnetic, non-electronic, and entirely made out of plastic, so will not add noise to the images or raise safety concerns in the MR/MEG room or similarly demanding environments. There is a less expensive, non-MR trainer available for this response pad for use outside the magnet room.
- Handheld for the 932 interface
- Two axis shaft encoder control
- Angular range: 30 degrees (+/-15 degrees).
- A wide variety of serial and USB outputs are available for Windows, Mac and Linux computers for high speed and demanding applications
- Two 1 in. (2.5 cm) long levers on grip for thumb and trigger buttons.
- Grip: 4.5 tall (11.5 cm)
- Overall height: 6.0 in. ( cm); Base: 1.5 in.(3.75 cm) high, 4.5 in. (11.25 cm) diameter
- 10 ft (3 m) long fiber pigtailed connector
- Requires 8-channel removable fiber optic bundle (BNSC-55-12, BNSC-80-12 or BNSC-100-12)
- Active light levels for handheld identification and gain adjustment
X,Y Range Features
Tethyx is normally provided with a square range of motion covering approximately +/- 15 degrees in X and Y, but a removable plastic plate in the bottom cover makes it easy to change this range for different task needs. For example, a circular range might be better for some task, or possibly a straight line in only X or only Y would be better. Please get in touch to let us know if you are looking for a particular range.
Return to Zero
An internal non-magnetic spring forces the shaft back to its vertical resting position when released. This can be disabled easily, and later re-enabled easily, by pressing in a recessed button on the shaft.
What Else Is Needed
This handheld response device needs an electronic interface to function -- that converts the optical signals to standard computer interfacing signals. In most cases you will also need a long optical fiber extension bundle to allow this device to be used at a distance from the interface unit. The required interface and compatible bundles are shown below in the Related Products section.
|This item contains no metal, nothing electronic, and nothing magnetic. It can be used safely in the magnet room.|